Up until a couple years ago I offered holiday cards and baby announcements through the studio. And then I discovered Minted.
Minted has an incredible selection of cards made of such beautiful quality. They offer paper upgrades as well but honestly their standard paper is thick and soft and white and perfect so you really don’t need to upgrade.
Each card also has multiple options for colours as well as formatting options for the inside of the card – keep it blank, add a greeting or add additional photographs. Their representatives will send you a proof so you can see your card laid out with you photograph and text exactly as it will be printed, and they are quick to work with you if something just isn’t quite right.
And the best part? They address your envelopes for free. This wasn’t an option in past years but it’s going to make sending this year’s cards so much easier. If you weren’t sold on them already, that will pretty much seal the deal.
Grab a cup of tea and prepare to get lost in all their beautiful designs. Here are my top contenders for this year.
Some tips for designing your Minted holiday cards this year:
- Use the ‘add to favourites’ feature to narrow down your top 3 choices for this year’s card. Don’t be turned off if you don’t love the text on the front. With most cards the greeting can be changed. I like our family name to show inside the card but not on the outside so I just delete that line if it’s part of the design.
- Once you’ve narrowed down your favourites, upload the photograph(s) you’re planning to use for your card so you can see what it looks like with your chosen designs. Often once you look at your favourites with your photograph in the design there will be a clear favourite.
- Test the different colour options. Sometimes a colour palette you wouldn’t ordinarily have chosen looks great with your photograph(s).
- Upgrade your envelope. A coloured or sparkly envelope adds a festive touch.
- Don’t wait until the last minute. The free digital proof only takes an extra day or two and it’s worth it for the peace of mind you get from knowing your card is going to arrive looking exactly the way you imagined.
In the coming week I’ll be posting about displaying your family photographs in your home and you’ll soon see I’m a big fan of combining family photographs with wall art. And while I was on the Minted site I couldn’t help getting lost in some of their art prints. All these would make great choices to incorporate into a custom family photograph wall art gallery.
I’m pretty sure one of these will find it’s way into the order when I’m designing our 2013 Christmas cards.
So which Minted design is your favourite?
This is a sponsored post but all opinions are my own. I use Minted personally and have freely recommended them prior to being sponsored for this post.